Friday, April 29, 2011

dreaming

Between so many of my friends getting engaged and the royal wedding, I was bound to have a weird dream about marriage soon. I think being sick created the perfect conditions for me to have one of the longest and most vivid dreams I've had in a long time.

Because I'm sure you've seen Inception, we all know that dreams start in the middle of the action, so I'll jump right into it:
  • I was in some kind of long-term relationship with a boydon't ask what boy, because I don't remember. I just know he was great.
  • Through some dramatic course of events, this guy broke up with me. I remember being really sad (obviously) and also frantically trying to find someone else to marry. (Apparently it was really important that I got married soon.)
[Okay, now this part is weird, I am trusting that you who are reading this will not judge me for dreaming this next part, after allit was a dream and therefore not something that I could really control.]
  • Somehow I ended up engaged to one of my students. He proposed to me with this insanely huge diamond and I said yes. (I promise I am not planning on dating or marrying any of my students. Ever.)
  • So, I said yes to this kid, but I didn't want to marry him. I didn't really even like him at all, but I knew that I needed to get married, so I decided that I would suck it up and stay engaged.
  • Fast-forward to some time in the future. I found myself at my Grandma's house (but it wasn't really my Grandma's house,) and I saw my dad. I ran up to him and started crying because I was engaged to a 17-year-old that I did't want to marry and I couldn't do anything to fix it. (As you can see, I am not incredibly rational when I dream.)
  • My dad told me that it was going to be alright, and that we should go inside to be with the rest of our family.
  • We went inside, and all of the sudden we were in a giant, super cool office/museum. (It's sort of what I imagine the Google offices to be like, but it was for Verizon.)
  • My mom had grown her hair out to be longer than mine, which was odd to see.
  • My parents, sisters, and I spent the rest of the dream walking through the Verizon office/museum.
What an incredibly bizarre thing to wake up remembering.

0 comments: