Friday, January 1, 2010

review

Since I'm not in school and can only watch one or two lifetime movies at a time, I've been thinking a lot over the past few days. A dangerous pastime? I know.

I have a journal that I've been sporadically writing in since the summer after my freshman year. At this point, it's a little less than half-full and it contains mostly funny quotes, doodles, and bullet-point summaries of nights out and weekend trips. I looked back through it tonight and was struck by how much I feel like I've changed since I began writing in that little book. I know, I know; I've been thinking a lot about change recently (as evidenced by my last few posts), but I've experienced so much in the last year it's hard not to reflect a bit as 2009 comes to a close and a new decade begins. I've pushed my limits physically, mentally, and emotionally. I've made more mistakes in the past 12 months than I feel like I've made in all the other 232 months I've been alive combined. I've learned and grown and now I have a brand new year to start all over. I have a lot to look forward to, and I'm doing just that—looking forward to it.


It's a New Year's toast, grab your list to conspire;
The last snake hissed as he was thrown in the fire.
You've come far, and though you're far from the end,
You don't mind where you are,
'cause you know where you've been.

0 comments: